March 10th 2018
My cousin, and best friend, Jennel is a mom of three kids!!
I love those three to bunches!
They are my everything!
They are my everything!
When Jennel asked me to help plan her sons, Chase (7) and Noah (1), birthday party I was all in!!
The boys birthdays are less than one week apart! Jennel didn't want to do the parties together to take the spotlight away from Chase on his birthday but Chase insisted that they have the parties together!
He is such a sweet soul!!
When she called me panicking about what she was going to do to make both parties about each of them!
I came up with the idea of doing two parties!
One for Chase in the basement, with his school friends, and one for Noah, and our all family, upstairs!
That way the five 7 year old boys in attendance weren't bothering the adults and young children!
I'll blog about Chase's party later next week but todays post is all about...
!Noah's First Under the Sea Party!
Honestly, I paid so much detail to Chase's party that I felt bad how little I paid attention to Noah's decorations! But thankfully Jennel had an idea in mind!!
I worked on decorations for roughly about a month!! Because I wasn't blogging at the time I didn't save my step-by-step pictures on how I did things but when it comes to the current parties I'm planning I'll make sure to take more photos along the way.
When Jennel came to me with themes for the party she wanted Noah's favourite TV show to be the theme. I think it was called Splash and Bubbles or something. I had no idea what that was and when I went on Pinterest, not many people had either!
So we settled for an Under The Sea theme, but without mermaids.
And because it was his first birthday I wanted to make sure his highchair was decorated as well!
Since Jennel was on a budget we couldn't order a highchair banner so I decided I would try and make one and see how it went!
I went to the dollar store and bought steamers. I had leftover string from other crafts that I did and tried tying the streamers onto the string. The only thing was that the streamers were way too thin and just ripped every time I went to tie it.
I had to rethink my plan!
I went back to the dollar store to find ribbon. However, the only ribbon they had in large quantities was the thin ribbon. So I grabbed a bunch of different shade of blue and a green as well as roll of the only thick ribbon they did have and went home.
All I did was tie the ribbon onto the string and saw that it was actually turning out pretty cute! I was getting somewhere.
I went to a different dollar store to see if they had any thick ribbon but they didn't either. However I found some burlap as well these adorable chalkboard circles to tie on to spell one!
It literally took a full Sunday to finish it BUT it turned out more amazing than I ever could have imagined!!
I also made a ton of fish out of construction paper and bought green and blue streamers and when the day of the party came it was time to hang it all up!!
We put the fish all over the living room walls and made the streamers look like water and seaweed!
Jennel had made a few fish as well but she had done them more elaborate than I had so we decided to use the leftover blue ribbon and hang them from the ceiling
I also blew up about 20 blue balloons and had them all over the floor to make the illusion of water!
It turned out super cute!!
Sadly though, Noah was sick! :(
The poor baby was only up for an hour of the whole party!!!
So sadly I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of that..
Jennel and I had made a cake for him to smash, but sadly he didn't even make it to that!!
But for all due purposes here is Noah's cake..
Jennel decorated it while I was decorating the cupcakes for Chase's cake and I think she did an AMAZING job!
It looked so cute!!!
Next week when I post about Chase's half of the day there will be PLENTY more pictures!! So stay tuned... but for now here's a preview of what you're in for..
For now it's just...
Samantha Surviving Life xoxox

No comments:
Post a Comment