Good Morning Beautiful People!!
Man has it been an exhausting weekend!!
Holidays always seem to do that to you!
It's a holiday but you go back to work feeling more tired then any given weekend!!
Since I work Tuesday-Saturday, my weekends typically are Sunday and Monday!
I did have Friday off for Good Friday but I spent the day baking cupcakes for Easter Dinner on Saturday!!
These are the adorable cupcakes I made from starch and everyone LOVED them!!
I even took them to boyfriend's house for his Easter Dinner on Sunday, and they were a huge hit!
I'll blog the recipe and everything later on this week if you're interested in making them!!
While baking the cupcakes though, I did have a friend with me in the kitchen!!
He had gone for his walk that morning so he was extremely tired! Which was good because he wasn't hopping all over the counter while I was trying to bake!!
Friday night I showed my age by watching Scandal (of course), drinking wine and doing cross words!
| Yes I know there's a typo.. I blame the wine! |
Saturday morning I was up early and at work for 9:30!
I worked until 1, because my co-worker covered for me so I could leave early, and when I got home my grandparents were already on the porch!
My grandmother brought Duke a new toy and he was VERY excited about it!!
I didn't take a photo of our dinner but it was DELICIOUS!
We had ham and scallop potatoes!
I spent the evening hanging out with my mom drinking wine and watching soap operas.
Afterwards I got my mom to dye my hair and she got me to give her one of my oversized tees to wear while she was dying and she was so honoured that "I let her" wear one of my Sidney Crosby tees.
She got me to take this photo to send to my sister cause she was SO PROUD! LOL!
Today is my grandfather's birthday so we celebrated his birthday on the weekend as well!!
My grandparents were a HUGE part of my upbringing. With my mother being a single mother of 3 young children my grandparents were always around helping.
Especially in the summers while my mom was working and we weren't in school!
Some of my favourite memories are with my maternal grandparents!
We had a cake for my grandfather and gave him gifts!
He got spoiled but if anybody deserves it, it's him!!
Sunday morning my sister and her girlfriend came over to do an Easter Egg hunt, because we're adults. My mom didn't hide the eggs the night before so I got the job in the morning!
We opened our Easter Baskets and did the hunt and waited for my step-father to make us breakfast.
Afterwards I took my time getting ready to head to my boyfriend's house in Mississauga, which is about ten minutes from Toronto for his Easter Dinner.
I don't drive so I took the train
Snapchat had their Easter Egg hunt on and it was what kept me entertained the whole trip!!
I was meeting his grandmother figure for the first time as she was visiting from Chicago.
And she was so lovely!!
We had dinner and let things settle. After we helped his grandmother to bed him, his aunt and I went into the hot tub. She's on vacation and we wanted her to feel that way! We tubbed and called it a night!
| waiting on everyone to get ready |
Monday is where it got interesting! I got to work at 10 this morning and coffee will not help the tiredness!! Now I'm trying water and caffeine free tea!!
At 10 o'clock his aunt woke us up to call his mother, who is a Doctor, because her mother's nose had been bleeding and clotting for about 20 minutes and wouldn't stop.
She didn't answer the phone due to her own busy day so we had to call 911 after it didn't stop for an hour! She's on blood thinners so that's not something we wanted to play with!
The paramedics came and were AMAZING!! Took such good care of her and waited for the bleeding to stop, watched her take her meds to make sure the bleeding didn't restart and sat in the driveway for an extra 30 minutes just to make sure!
Although the bleeding had stopped she was very weak from all the blood she had lost so we kept a close eye on her all day!
My boyfriend and his aunt wanted to do some errands so I sat with her and chatted for the 45 minutes they were gone!!
She went and had a nap so we went to lay down as well! We couldn't sleep so we asked his aunt if she wanted to go back in the hot tub after the morning she had!
| waiting again for everyone |
We hung out a bit and then started dinner for everyone!!
After we finished dinner we waited for his mom to get home for work, but by the time she got home this is what my surroundings looked like..
I let him sleep for a couple hours because we had a very eventful day!!
He got woken up by his mom about an hour after I took this photo because the basement started flooding!
So he had to take care of that!
By this time it is 10 o'clock and I am DEAD TIRED!!!
This morning I got caught the train back to Hamilton at 845 and am having a hard time keeping my eyes open!
Good thing I'm only here for 10 hours!
** insert eyes rolling here**
I'll be back tomorrow..
For now it's just...
Samantha Surviving LIfe
No comments:
Post a Comment